Are you looking for family law firms in Sydney? A law firm which specialises in family law has a specific number of lawyers who deal only in issues related to family law. So how do you go about finding the right family law firm? It’s pretty simple. Just keep the following tips in mind.
Family lawyers basically deal in all of the following
- Divorce proceedings
- Marriage annulments
- Separation issues
- Child custody
- Division of assets
If you are seeking legal help for any of the above mentioned issues, a family lawyer would be able to help you. For all legal proceedings to work smoothly, it is important that you choose the right person for the job. When hiring an attorney to deal with family issues, you need to keep certain things in mind.
Things to keep in mind when hiring a family lawyer
When going through a divorce most people feel stressed and usually end up choosing whoever comes their way. It is understandable that you may feel at loss, but it’s also crucial to hire someone who knows their job well. In order to do so you need to
- Hire someone with the necessary experience of dealing with family law. The first thing on your mind must be the experience a person has dealing with family legal issues.
- How many cases similar to yours have they handled in the past
- Is there a specific field in family law which they excel in. most lawyers are good at dealing with cases pertaining to division of assets while others deal only in cases pertaining to child custody. Choose a lawyer who would help you in your particular case.
- If there are no children involved, a divorce can be carried amiably in the lawyer’s office only. There wouldn’t be any need to go to court or discuss legal issues beyond the lawyer’s office.
- At a law firm there are several different lawyers. When you ask for an appointment they would set you up with an individual who they think is best suited to handle your case. Before you go for the initial consultation at the family law firm, get to know the name of the lawyer who would be assisting you.
- Once you have their name you could do a bit of research on your own. Check out if they have testimonials of previous clients on their web page. It would also help you find out whether they would be able to handle your case or not.
- Once you have a meeting with the lawyer it all comes down to who you could trust with your personal matters. The relationship between a family lawyer and you should be one of trust and understanding. You need to be very clear about how you want things to proceed and why things are the way they are.
- Communication is the key. Keep yourself updated regarding all proceedings. Also make sure to cooperate with your lawyer and provide them with all the documentation they ask for.
For more information on family law firms in Sydney, make sure you contact a professional law firm.